FRIDAY – AUGUST 27, 2021 – 5:00pm -10:00pm
SATURDAY – AUGUST 28, 2021 – 11:00am – 10:00pm
SUNDAY – AUGUST 29, 2021 – 11:00am – 9:00pm
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where Is THROWBACK MUSIC FEST? HOW DO I GET THERE?
- Who are the organizers of this event? The Gladstone Park Chamber of Commerce and The Gladstone Park Neighborhood Association in partnership with Special Events Management.
The Gladstone Park Chamber of Commerce is proudly celebrating our 30th Anniversary in 2021, and we look forward to the next 30 years! While our goal is to foster a strong, local business environment, we know that without a strong community of individuals, families, schools, organizations, and government officials working together, economic stability is not possible. Plus, we aren’t all business, all the time . . . our social events are second to none. Join us! www.gladstoneparkchamber.com and Like us on Facebook.
The Gladstone Park Neighborhood Association was founded in 2014. We are a group of community-minded individuals with diverse backgrounds who enjoy staying informed about and giving back to our neighborhood. Our members are long-time and short-time residents of the area, parents, teachers, city employees, business leaders and more. We’re ready to step up to ensure that Gladstone Park remains a great neighborhood to live in, but we also need YOU to make it happen! The GPNA keeps the neighborhood informed about area developments through neighborhood meetings, social media sites, newsletters, etc. We have fun by organizing weekly events (Virtual Supper Club), monthly events like Thirsty Third Thursdays (in partnership with the Gladstone Park Chamber of Commerce) and seasonal events such as our Pub Crawl, Halloween Party and Christmas events! We assist with Throwback Music Fest through volunteering and event planning and co-host and volunteer for the Light Up Gladstone Park, our annual tree lighting ceremony at Chopin Plaza. As you can see, this Chicago neighborhood association is a very active group! Visit us on facebook and the GPNA website!
Special Events Management is by far the largest full-service producer of events in the Midwest. This includes many of Chicagoland’s most popular and best-known runs/walks and art/street festivals. In fact, each year nearly 500,000 individuals participate in SEM-produced runs/walks while another 1.5 million visit our art and street fests — just like the Throwback Music Fest! Visit our website to see what else is going on in Chicago!
- Can I bring in my own lawn chairs? Yes!
- Are coolers allowed? Sorry, No.
- Can I bring in my own alcohol? Sorry, No.
- Can I bring in my own sun umbrellas? Sorry, No.
- Are dogs allowed? Yes! But dogs must be leashed at all times.
- Are bicycles allowed? Yes! But once in the fest, bikes must be walked, not ridden.
- Where can I park? Street parking on Elston and on Milwaukee (North and South of the fest) is FREE.
- Can I bring in outside food? Sorry, No. But there will plenty of options available for purchase inside the Fest.
- What time will Milwaukee Ave be closed? Street closures will begin at 4:00 AM on Friday, August 27, 2021. Thank you for your cooperation!
- How much does it cost to get in? $7 per day. A three-day pass is available for $15 or a two-day pass for $10. You also have the option to purchase a one-day $10 pass which includes a beer drink ticket. Donations per person are accepted at entrance gates. Donations go toward the Gladstone Park Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Fund.
- Can I purchase a weekend pass? Yes! A three-day pass is available for $15 or a two-day pass for $10. You also have the option to purchase a one-day $10 pass which includes a beer drink ticket. You’ll want to return each day for our exciting musical line-up, Pet Costume Parade, Miss Throwback Pin-up Girl Contest, Classic Car Show, Heroes Celebration, and a variety of other fun things to see and do!
- Are there ATMs on site? Yes!
- Is this a family friendly event? Yes! There will be many activities for children (In previous years we offered face painting, arts & crafts, bouncy houses, photo booths, and more!)
- How much are beer and other drinks? Domestic big beers, craft beers, cider, and wine are $6, and soda pop and water were available for $2. Cheers!
- When is the Miss Throwback Pin-Up Contest? What are the rules to participate? Sunday, August 29, 2021, on the Main Stage between 1:30 and 6:00pm. Stay Tuned.
- When/Where is the Classic Car Show being held? Sunday, August 29, 2021, in the parking lot of Malec & Sons Funeral Home and south of the fest along Milwaukee Avenue. We will have room for several hundred cars! Cars start arriving around 11:00am and will be on display throughout the day.
MUSICAL TIME TRAVEL
BACK TO THE 1950s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s!
MUSIC • PET PARADE • CLASSIC CAR SHOW • MISS THROWBACK CONTEST • HEROES CELEBRATION • KIDS ACTIVITIES • FOOD and DRINK • VENDORS • FUN!